Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sponsoring an Orphan



I know, it has been a VERY long time since I've posted anything. But I'm back in full swing (hopefully) so please continue to be the wonderful blog-checkers you are.

Today I'd like to briefly mention an opportunity I recently heard about. In 2007 I spent 3 months in Cuenca, Ecuador taking care of orphans. I worked primarily with 10 incredible handicapped children, but spent some time in other 0rphanages with babies and toddlers. The organization I went with, Orphanage Support Services Organization (OSSO) has started a sponsorship program where we are able to sponsor a child. The goal is to make the orphanages feel more like families so that these children can grow up with stability and a sense of who they are. As I learn more about this life-changing program, I'll keep you updated.

Love you all!

2 comments: