Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Won't you be my neighbor?

At Stake Conference today, Elder Holland quoted this great man.
It ignited a bit of curiosity and I came home and googled Mr. Rogers.
(Yes, google is the answer to all questions.)

A recent conversation reminded me that truth can be found everywhere,
if we are willing to receive it.
I often see truth in how people live their lives, I feel it in how people communicate their ideals.
Fred Rogers conveyed truth in both of those ways.

"When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."

Do you agree?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, yes. Yes I do agree. And yes, you have infected me with the African fever. It's official, Mark and I are heading out to the Big A in January!

    ReplyDelete